Terms Of Business
“The Supplier” shall mean EVENT LIGHT & SOUND, hereafter referred to as EVENT
“The Client” shall mean the person, corporation, charity, or company, named on the invoice, taking items on hire.
“The Contract” shall mean the invoice, between EVENT & the client.
“The Items” Shall mean all the goods, decor, equipment, and associated accessories, supplied by EVENT
HIRE CONDITIONS — GENERAL
1. All services and items supplied by EVENT are subject to these terms of business.
2. The hire period will be noted on the invoice.
3. Once an invoice has been raised, the client cannot remove items, or reduce order quantities. The client may increase quantities, or add more items.
4. EVENT shall not be responsible for injury or damage, to persons or property, howsoever sustained, from items on hire.
5. We will require a signature once the items are delivered.
6. The items remain the property of EVENT at all times.
7. The Client shall ensure that all items provided by EVENT are fully protected from, and insured against, all risks.
8. Please treat all hired items with respect, as The Client is responsible for any loss or damage to EVENT items while on hire, howsoever caused.
9. If EVENT are unable to supply previously booked goods, our liability will be limited to offering a suitable alternative product, or refund.
10. If EVENT are prevented from supplying previously booked goods by Force Majeure, including, but not limited to, war, riots, fire, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, explosion, strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, and acts of state or governmental action, the contract will be suspended until such time that the Force Majeure has passed.
11. Unless otherwise stated, our items are for indoor use only, Once installed, the equipment must not be moved, except by EVENT staff.
12. All service visits or damage relating to equipment which has been moved contrary to this condition, will be charged.
13. While the equipment is on hire, any unsatisfactory working or breakdown should be notified by email as soon as possible.
LED DANCE FLOOR – ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
14. Our dance floors are delivered to site in wheeled cases, so we will require flat, ramped, or lift access to the area where the floor is to be laid. If the area is served solely by stairs, we will be unable to install the dance floor. Please check this before booking. We will require approximately one hour to install the dancefloor. If this is to be undertaken while the room is “turned around” for the evening celebrations, please make sure sufficient time is allowed, as we cannot start the install, until the area for the dance floor is clear.
15. The area where you require the dancefloor must be flat, level, and dry. EVENT accepts no responsibility for any damage caused to the area its dance floors are laid on. We offer an underlay service which will minimise any marks or damage.
16. We do not allow tables, chairs, stickers, transfers or decorations to be placed on the dance floor. Please check with us before proceeding with a booking if you are unsure of these conditions. Please do not use metallic confetti or confetti cannons on our floors, as it can cause them to short circuit and stop working,
17. No drinks or glass are to be allowed on to the dance floor. The Client will be held responsible for the conduct of his/her guests. Spills that do occur should be removed immediately with a damp, not wet, mop. Any damage sustained will be charged.
18. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should The Client, guests, or venue staff, attempt to move or de-rig the dance floor. It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure the venue staff are aware of these conditions.
INVOICE MINIMUM VALUE & TRANSPORT COSTS
19. A minimum invoice value, ex transport, will apply as follows:
20. £100 for venues within a 30 mile / 30 min drive from our premises.
21. £200 for venues outside a 30 mile / 30 min drive from our premises.
22. Delivery and collection are charged at a flat rate of 60p per mile travelled.
23. Any tolls, parking fees, and emission or congestion zone charges, will be factored in to the final transport cost.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION
24. The invoice shall be paid strictly in accordance with the terms of payment contained in these terms of business.
25. 25% of the quoted price to be paid as a non-refundable deposit at the time of accepting the quote.
26. The balance of the quoted price to be paid no later than 28 days prior to the event date stated on the quote.
27. If the contract is cancelled by The Client, the following cancellation fees will apply:
28. Within 8 — 26 weeks of the function date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the balance will be charged.
29. Within 8 weeks of the function date, the full balance will be charged.
The Supplier reserves the right to use any video or still images taken during the period covered by The Invoice, for promotional use,
unless otherwise instructed by The Client
The agreement to which these terms shall apply, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England,
and the parties agree to accept the jurisdiction of the courts of England.